Effective: April 15, 2022
We will only process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
PDF Agile collects personal data from users to provide services. Throughout standard use of the Site or Services, we collect some or all of the following:
- Account Data: Name, email,and password
PDF Agile does not require or use sensitive data like: racial or ethnic origin, political affiliation or opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health data, sexual orientation, criminal convictions, or genetic or biometric data. Subject to the following paragraph, we ask that you not send us, and/or disclose, any such sensitive personal data.
If you send or disclose any sensitive personal data to us when you submit user generated content to our Services, you consent to our processing and use of such sensitive personal data in accordance with this Policy. If you do not consent to our processing and use of such sensitive personal data, you must not submit such user generated content to our Services.
The Sites, Software, and Services provide capabilities to users to upload and manipulate documents. The user is responsible for and owns the content of the documents. PDF Agile does not alter the content of documents. By content, we are referring to text, graphics, and/or images within the document that are human readable and convey the meaning of the document to a person reading it. Occasionally, we will have to alter the formatting of the document to show it on the Sites (i.e. on Mobile devices) or in the Software, but there will be no material change to the content within the document.
You are responsible for who you choose to share documents with via the Site, Software, and/or Services’ collaboration functionality. When collaborating on documents, users you grant access to will be able to view that content and download the document (even if you delete that document at a later date). Additionally, if a collaborator signs, reviews, or marks-up the document, that collaborator owns a different version of that document which contains the collaborator's changes. If you access or collaborate on a document owned by another individual, you are responsible for the content you provide on or about the document. Also, by sharing documents with other parties, those parties own a version of the document which mean they may then share and retain the document even after the original owner deletes the document.
When storing documents on the Sites, Software, and Services, PDF Agile collects the following data:
- Document Metadata: Name, size, email address of user uploading document, meta data about the structure of the document, and standard metadata provided by the standard used to create the document (PDF, DOC, XLS, etc.).
- Document Sharing: E-mail address and name of users who you wish to share the document.
- Document Content: The contents of documents stored in the Site, Software, or Services.
User Generated Content
You may share personal data with us when you submit user generated content to our Services, including via our forums, message boards. Please note that any information you post or disclose on our Site will become public information, and will be available to other users of our Site and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personal data, or any other information, on our Site. Such personal data and other information will not be private or confidential once it is published on our Site.
Use of Data
PDF Agile uses data provided through the use of our Sites, Software, and Services to provide services for which PDF Agile was engaged. The data may be used for a variety of functions, including:
- Provide, monitor, maintain and improve the Software, Site and Services
- Register for and enable access to the Software, Site and Services
- Purchase services and contact you in case a purchase request cannot be fulfilled
- Manage documents (including upload, download, convert, and edit)
- Deliver services you request
- Recommend actions to you based on usage activity and document content; including testing and training algorithms used to provide these services
- With your consent, personalize and customize the Site and Services by improving content, features, and/or advertisements based on your interests and preferences
- Send push notifications that update you on activities initiated within the Site and Services
- Send you related data (including confirmation of services requests and/or purchases)
- Provide customer support (comments, questions, and requests for support along with support responses)
- With your consent, provide data about services (surveys, offers, promotions, contests, events, customer testimonials, case studies, and data about PDF Agile)
- Monitor and analyze trends in connection with the Site and Services for marketing and advertising purposes
- Investigate potential illegal activities (fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access, and/or other illegal activities)
- With your consent, link or combine with other data from 3rd Parties to understand your needs and preferences
- Diagnose unexpected issues that occur within the Site and Services
Activity Data includes data about how users interact with our Site, Software, or Services. Data in this category includes:
- Browser Technologies: Cookies, beacons, tags and scripts
- Device Data: Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. If printing, we may collect device data about the printer like: Driver, Printer ID, Brand, Make, Model, and other data accessible through the print driver. We may collect this information about you using cookies. Please refer to the sections on Cookies and Pixel Tags below.
- Local Shared Objects: Cookie Preferences
- Usage Data: We monitor user activity and collect data about the features you use
- Information We Get from Others. We may also get information about you from other sources, for example, if you have agreed to share information with one of our partners or other third parties, we may add this to information we get from our Services.
Cookies & Similar Tracking Information
This article only applies to our website and does not apply to PDF Agile software. There are no advertising or analytic cookies or tracking technology in PDF Agile software.
We may use other companies to serve third-party advertisements when you visit and use the Services. These companies may collect and use click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over during your visits to the Services and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of interest to you. These companies typically use tracking technologies to collect this information. Other companies' use of their tracking technologies is subject to their own privacy policies.
Your information, including personal data that we collect from you, may be processed and transferred within and to the United States and other countries and territories which may have different privacy laws from your country of residence. PDF Agile is compliant with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
PDF Agile takes data privacy seriously and monitors the regulatory landscape with regards to data privacy. As new regulations evolve, PDF Agile will evaluate those regulations and, in good faith, evolve our Data Privacy procedures appropriately.
Sharing and Disclosure
We may provide your personal data to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities, such as offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal data only as necessary to provide these services to us. We may disclose personal data when the disclosure:
- is required by law or has been consented to by you.
Other ways PDF Agile shares personal data are:
- Business Transfers: In the event PDF Agile goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personal data will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or prominent notice on our Site of any such change in ownership or control that affects your personal data.
- Aggregated and Anonymized Data: We also share aggregated and anonymized data with partners which does not directly identify individuals. We may create anonymous data from the personal data we receive about you and other individuals whose personal data we collect. Anonymous data might include analytics information and information collected by us using cookies. We make personal data into anonymous data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyse usage patterns in order to make improvements to our Services.
We will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal data from loss, misuse or alteration. This includes both physical and technological security measures. We follow generally accepted industry standards (e.g. encryption at rest and in transit, access control policies, etc.) to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Consent and Opt-out
If you wish to not have data used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may initially withhold your consent to being subject to such ads, and at a later stage opt-out by contacting email@example.com .Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.
PDF Agile provides promotional sites (commonly referred to the "conversion sites") that provide services to convert documents from one format to another. By using the conversion sites, you allow PDF Agile to store, retain, and use personal data, document data, and document metadata per the 'Use of Data' section above. If you do not wish to provide this personal data, document data, and document metadata, then refrain from using the conversion sites.
Services and Software Documents
Outside of the conversion sites (above), you may delete your documents at any time from within the Services or Software via the User Interface. Any document you have shared explicitly with another user (via a sign, share, or review request) will still be available to that user with whom the document was shared if they downloaded it, copied it to a storage service ,or added the document to the shared users' PDF Agile account.
We will retain your Personal, Document, and Activity Data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your personal data to provide you Services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. However, PDF Agile will retain and use your Personal, Document, and Activity Data as necessary to comply with our legal or other obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our rights and agreements. PDF Agile reserves the right to delete any data for inactive accounts.
Out of Scope
- Frames: Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our Sites. Please be aware that you are providing your personal data to these third parties and not to PDF Agile.
- Customer Testimonials: We may post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on our Site which may contain personal data. We obtain the customer's consent, prior to posting the testimonial, to post the customer’s name along with the customer’s testimonial. If you would like to have us remove any of your comments, please contact us.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16. By using the Site, Software, and/or Services, the user asserts they are over 16 years of age. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal data from a child under the age of 16, we will delete such data from our records.
Data Subject's Rights
PDF Agile takes privacy seriously. If you have any concerns regarding our handling of your Personal, Sensitive, or Document Data, we encourage you to contact us (details below in the 'Contact Us' section). Additionally, PDF Agile acknowledges you have the following rights with regards to your personal data.
- You may raise a complaint to the relevant supervisory authority in your EU Member State (and/or to the EU Data Protection Agency)
- You have the right to object to or restrict the processing of your personal data. If you wish to restrict or object, please follow the procedures stated in the 'Opt-out' section above.
- If consent to process is granted, you may withdraw your consent to process personal data. To withdraw consent follow the steps detailed in the 'Opt-out' section above.
Data Access Rights
PDF Agile collects a variety of information via the use of the Site, Software, and/or Services at the direction of users. If you have concerns about your personal data being processed, or if you seek access or want to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, please contact us at email@example.com and we will work with you to respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe.
If you have concerns or inquiries regarding the handling of your personal, document, and/or activity data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. PDF Agile will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event, within one month of your request. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion.
Privacy Shield Statements
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, PDF Agile commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact PDF Agile by going to the "Contact Us" webpage on this Site or contacting us at email@example.com or at the address below.
DocuAgile Pte. Ltd.
10ANSON ROAD #10-21 INTERNATIONAL PLAZA SINGAPORE (079903)
PDF Agile has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning data transferred from the EU and Switzerland.
PDF Agile does not currently transfer personal data, received pursuant to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, to third party agents. However, if personal information of EU or Swiss individuals is transferred to third parties in the future, PDF Agile is potentially liable.
If you require more detailed data about our data handling practices please let us know by going to the “Contact Us” webpage on this Site or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address below.
DocuAgile Pte. Ltd.
10ANSON ROAD #10-21 INTERNATIONAL PLAZA SINGAPORE (079903)