Subway came into being in the 1960s through a partnership between a college freshman and a nuclear physicist. The company intended to start a sandwich shop in the Bridgeport, Connecticut, area. Subway had a simple approach to business. They were to provide fresh ingredients for submarine sandwiches at affordable prices. The low prices made it easy for the brand to multiply fast. Subway has over 40000 locations globally at the moment in over 100 countries. The Subway Mission and Vision Statement Analysis is as follows:
Subway’s Mission Statement Analysis
Subway has a focused mission statement that states. “To delight every customer so that they want to tell their friends – with great value through fresh, delicious, made-to-order sandwiches, and an exceptional experience.”
There are four critical elements to Subway’s mission statement worth more attention.
- Delight every customer. The expression focuses on the quality accompanying the brand’s ingredients and excellent services provided to bring back the customers.
- They want to tell their friends. The expression here is to encourage the use of word of mouth to let other people know of Subway’s outstanding services and quality ingredients. If the information shared with family and friends is a positive review of Subway, there is the certainty that new customers want to try a delicious sandwich at their closest joint.
- Great Value. Subway aims at giving more to customers than what it is they pay for. They offer value, not because of the competition in the market but are more customer-centric in ensuring that customers do not feel like they paid more for little value.
- Fresh, delicious, made-to-order sandwiches. The statement directly helps customers know the delicacy to expect when they get hungry.
- Subways’ Vision Statement Analysis
Subway indeed has a vision for its existence. Their vision statement says that the company wants to be the “#1 Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) franchise globally while delivering fresh, delicious sandwiches and an exceptional experience”.
Subway’s vision statement’s unique factor is closely related to the mission statement. The only slight difference between the two statements is that Subway mentions being the top Franchise in the world while making quick deliveries for the already made sandwiches.
The vision statement allows Subway to live it. It is an opportunity for them to create a customer-based sandwich menu that fulfills the customer’s order in terms of delicacy and availability.
Subway can also reduce the overhead costs of being a Franchise by incorporating the lessons learned from its early ownership days.
Subway’s Core Value Analysis
The main focus of Subway is family, teamwork, and opportunity. Their core value is defined by these three.
- Family. The business focuses on building relationships with its customers, ensuring to treat every person as a family member. When there are good relations between Subway and its customers, more positive outcomes are likely to occur.
- Teamwork. The core principle at Subway is working together as a team. The company believes in achieving more extraordinary things when more focus is on working together toward a shared goal.
- Opportunity. Subway looks toward engaging with each Franchise using their entrepreneurial spirit. The more engagements there are between Subway and other Franchises, the more opportunities.
Subway has gotten where it is today by staying true to its mission and vision statements. The company also believes that by sticking to the core mentioned above values, it is more likely to remain a global leader in the quick-service industry.
Subway Mission and Vision Statement Analysis Mind Map
Below is a comprehensive mind map of Subway that clearly states who they are, where they are, and where they wish to be in the future. Subway has lived its values from the very start, and there is a high chance that Subway will continue to lead in the quick-service industry for years to come.
From the above analysis, it is evident that Subway has made tremendous growth to get where they are today. They designed a mission statement that is helping them live their vision statement every passing period. Having a tremendous customer-focused culture and wanting to deliver more within a short time has helped them grow as a brand. They are the leading service restaurant and wish to maintain this record for years to come.
Are you looking to get fantastic business reports in PDF format for a leading business in different fields?
Download PDF Agile. They are the solution you need for all your PDF inquiries. They will save you the hassle of opening the web from time to time, giving you a one-time PDF report with all the information you are looking for.